After 18 years of wellness practice, study, and teaching in various parts of the world, including Japan, Australia, the United States, South Africa, and 8 years in Vancouver BC, Canada, certified Rolfer™ Coko Mayuko now bases her work in Pescadero and Santa Cruz, California, USA. As a graduate of The Rolfing™ Institute in Boulder, Colorado, a Craniosacral Therapy practitioner, yoga teacher, reflexologist, and certified Kita Sound Healing therapist, Coko brings a wealth of integrated healing techniques to her sessions.
Her clients range from both humans to animals. She enjoys sharing her practice with all living things and is passionate about rejuvenating ease and breath of life.
She is a practitioner, traveler, hand pan player, surfer, vegan, and teaches a variety of workshops and classes in sound healing, Resilient body alignment, and centering practice (a.k.a. Rolfing™movement classes) and yoga.
A firm believer in the importance and accessibility of healing practices for all, Coko also shares her experience as an instructor at the Ubuntu Touch Projectin Cape Town, South Africa. This project strives to implement Africa’s first financially sustainable, wellness-focused education model for low-income women, with a focus on empowerment and social wellness. She is also a founder of a non-profit peace project Touch Sound.org and facilitates to everyone around the world.
Special Skills & Qualifications
- Certified Rolfer®(The Rolfing Institute USA)
- Barral Institute
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy (The Rolfing Institute USA)
- Four Hands Structural Integration Workshop (Emmet Hattchins at Guild For SI)
- Yoga Teacher (200 hours Yoga Teacher Alliance)
- Somatic Experiencing®
- The Art of Yield
- Sound Healing Therapist (The Society for Sound Healing)
- Diploma of Social Welfare (Japan)
- Massage Therapist (Diploma of Japanese Health)・Mental Care Counselor
- Aromatherapy certification A grade (Japan)
- Sound Healing Therapist at the Body and Mind Department at Shinoda no Mori Medical Hospital/a reputable retirement institute
- Massage Therapist
Learn more about Coko: