FST is a table based facilitated stretching modality. FST is performed on a treatment table with the client fully clothed. I use the assistance of table straps while working the lower body. This helps stabilize the clients leg I am not working on, thus bringing better relaxation to the client and allows the actions performed to be more efficient and effective. There are 4 components which make FST what it is: Oscilation, Circumduction, Traction and Proprioreceptive Neural Facilitation (PNF).
FST technique differs from all assisted stretch techniques in the following:
*Evaluates and treats the entire connective tissue system (CTS) from the deepest layers of the joint capsule to the superficial fascia beneath the skin.
*Assesses and treats the joint capsule as a fundamental approach to evaluating the function of joints, muscles and nerves.
*Adapts parameters of intensity, frequency and duration of assissted stretching according to the person and tissue at hand, i.e. tonic tissues are stretched differently than phasic tissues.
*Shorter lines of Neuromyofascia are addressed before longer ones for better outcomes.
*Old concepts of stretching based on isolated, parallel attachments of muscle and fascia have been superseded by recent findings of series of attachments of tendons, necessitating multiple combinations of traction, angles, diagonals and rotations in stretching.
Additional features of FST
- Increases joint space
- Eliminates Trigger Points
- Improves muscle activation & relaxation
- Manipulates, lengthens, re-aligns and re-organizes your fascia
- Improves flexibility on the first session & becomes cumulative with multiple sessions
- I will teach you how to maintain optimal fascial flexibility after we identify & eliminate the problems
Benefits of Fascial Stretch Therapy
- FST can release chemicals, known as endorphins that act as natural pain suppressants.
- FST can optimize the learning, practice and performance of many types of skilled movements.
- FST can promote development of body awareness.
- FST can increase balance and symmetry of the body.
- FST can reduce the risk of injury, especially sprains and strains.
- FST can reduce or eliminate back problems and pain.
- FST can reduce muscular soreness
- FST can reduce muscular tension.
- FST can improve posture & muscle function allowing you to move your body more freely.
- Less Muscle Pain allows you to finally enjoy a life of quality
Fascial Stretch Therapy Practitioners: